- EACH MONTH, Fr. Brian conducts a service of Community Prayers at Jenor Towers. Now he is organizing rides for interested persons who want to attend our worship service on Sundays. A notice is posted at Jenor with an invitation for individuals to contact Fr. Brian no later than 6 p.m. on Saturday evening for a ride to the church on Sunday. Can you help? The plan is to pick up persons at the entrance by 11:15 a.m. Please let Fr. Brian know if you can help.
- A SPECIAL ALL-CHURCH CONVERSATION will be held following worship on Sunday, September 24th. We will share a meal together and then take a collective “look” at our church, exploring Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats in a SWOT analysis. PLEASE SAVE THIS DATE for this IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY FOR A STRATEGIC CONVERSATION.
- READ2FEED is a special booksale mission designed to raise money for our local food pantry. This year, READ2FEED will be held at the Platteville Farmers’ Market on Saturday September 2nd and on Saturday October 7th. Please join us and look over our selection of good books!
- ENVIRONMENT FILMS will be shown from 7-9 p.m. at the Mineral Point Opera House on Saturday, September 9th—a Wild and Scenic Film event hosted by Trinity Episcopal Church of Mineral Point. Tickets are $10. For more information, please speak to Marilee Backstrand. A poster of this event is in the Cunningham Center along with literature. Save the date!!!
- THE BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS will take place on Saturday, October 7th from 4-5 p.m. on the lawn of Trinity Church. Please bring your pets and join us.
- YOUTH GROUP: If you have expressed interest in supporting the Youth Group with snacks for either of these meetings please email Chris Bowers and Jannan Roesch. (firstname.lastname@example.org) (email@example.com)
REPORTING ON RECENT EVENTS ~
- YOUTH GROUP CAMPING In August at Blackhawk Lake, our youth group (and friends) enjoyed canoeing, fishing, a wonderful fajita dinner, along with story -telling, camping songs and marsh-mellows around the campfire. This was definitely a group project with lots of people pitching in to make our time together a great success.
- INFORMAL EUCHARIST AT THE LAKE On Sunday, our Youth Group led worship as we gathered in the picnic shelter for worship. Twenty-eight were in attendance. Our youth led us in readings from Isaiah and in the Feeding of the Five Thousand from Matthew. This was followed by a youth group skit on the Gospel. A number of camp songs or Taize songs were sung, including Rise, Shine and Give God the Glory. People from both churches brought wonderful food for our picnic as we enjoyed a wonderful day together with mild weather. Thanks to all who attended and who worked so hard to make this day such a success.